Roast beef is a lunchtime treasure. All you have to do is pick the right bun and toppings! Here’s one of our favorite versions, made using this roast recipe (you could substitute a different recipe).
Ingredients: Servings: 8
Cooked 3 1/4lb Grass-Fed Beef Roast (we used Bottom Round)
2 Long Baguettes
Pepper-Garlic Mayo: (could substitute store-bought mayo with chopped peppers & garlic mixed in)
Approx. 1 ½ C Olive OIl
Clove of Garlic
1 t Lemon Juice
¼ t Ground Pepper
2 Egg Yolks (freshest possible)
½ t Dijon
6 Pickled Peppadew Peppers, drained (we used the spicy ones)
1 t Tarragon
1 t Dijon
2 t Kosher Salt
2 t EVOO
2 t Minced Onion
½ oz Dried Porcinis
2 t Brined Capers, drained
1. Make the Mayo (up to 3 days ahead): Mince the peppadews and garlic. Whisk the egg yolks together, then stir in the garlic, lemon juice & black pepper.
Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly, until a mayonnaise consistency is reached. Stir in the peppadews.
2. Rehydrate the Porcinis: place the pieces in a bowl and pour hot water over them. Hold them under the surface of the water with a weight or plate (etc). Soak until tender (20-30 minutes)
3. Make the Relish: Chop the capers, finely slice the tarragon & mince the rehydrated porcinis. Toss them together with the onion, mustard, olive oil, and salt.
4. Thinly slice the roast beef.
5. Cut each baguette into four pieces, and split each piece down the middle to produce sandwich buns. Put porcini relish on the bottoms and the mayonnaise on the top portions.
6. Fill the sandwiches with the beef.
7. Serve with your choice of sides (we recommend potato chips and pickles).