Get your day off to a hearty, delicious start with beefy skirt steak, sweet & spicy sweet potato hash and fried eggs.
We used 2 purple Okinawan sweet potatoes & a yellow Satsuma sweet potato for a prettier presentation, but you could use other varieties (or three of the same variety).
Ingredients: Servings: 4
1 t Rosemary Leaves, chopped
1 T Basil Leaves, cut into thin strips
2 t Salt (+ extra for steak)
3 Sweet Potatoes, peeled & cubed
1. Cut the outer membrane from the skirt steak & cut the steak into 3oz pieces. Season them with salt & pepper.
2. Peel, then cube the sweet potatoes and put them in a pot covered with salted water. Bring the water just to a boil, then drain them.
3. Preheat your oven to 350˚F. Chop the onion & the peppadews separately
4. Sauté the onion with a tsp of the salt in an oven-safe pan over high heat. When they start to turn translucent, add the rosemary leaves, sweet potatoes and 2nd tsp of salt.
5. After continuing to cook for 5 minutes, add the peppadews and roast the hash in the oven until the potatoes are tender. Remove it from the oven and stir in the basil.
6. Sear the skirt steak, flipping as needed, until you like the way it’s cooked (we recommend medium rare).
7. Fry the eggs.
8. Slice the skirt steak against the grain. Serve each 3oz portion on a plate with some hash and three fried eggs.